Re: [squid-users] site slow in loading

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 18:51:03 +1300

On 27/10/11 18:25, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> Sorry, just another relevant point, the squid 3.1.15 machines don't have
>> direct access to the internet, they are using a squid 2.7 stable 6 as a
>> parent proxy - so, if I understand things correctly, http/1.1 features
>> shouldn't be being seen by the external site?
>>

> Aha. Yes, correct.

Start thinking straight. If the requests are goint to a parent proxy
there is no normal reason for the 3.1 proxy to be doing DNS anyways. The
DNS problems would be from the 2.7 machine.

(unless you have configured the 3.1 in such a way that it need to
perform DNS checks to verify something).

> Which only leaves the DNS thing.
>
> I get these results:
>
> time host -t AAAA www.my.commbank.com.au
>
> real 0m14.276s
> user 0m0.000s
> sys 0m0.000s
>
> time host -t A www.my.commbank.com.au
> www.my.commbank.com.au has address 140.168.70.21
>
> real 0m0.034s
> user 0m0.000s
> sys 0m0.020s
>

> Squid-3.1 has 30-60 second DNS lookup timeout.

Sorry, worst case is a 30 second to 4 minute timeout once 2.7 timeout +
3.1 timeout are added.

Amos

--
Please be using