[squid-users] Timeout loading a single website

From: Mark Rutherford <mark_at_lowcountrybilling.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 02:39:46 -0400

Hello all,

I am running Squid on a Debian Lenny machine (squid/3.0.STABLE8) and my
users cannot load this one web site.
It is configured as an interception proxy.
The site in question is www.humana.com.
To my knowledge, there are no other websites that exhibit a problem and
my lack of understanding what the actual problem is
does not help.

What I can tell you is that if I disable Squid this site does load.
With Squid getting all traffic it does not load and it takes 10 minutes
to display a timeout page if allowed to sit.
I set debug_options to ALL,9 and got a rather large log while trying to
load this site but nothing in the log points me in a direction.

I have tried some of the suggestions in the system weirdness section of
the wiki and done some searching around but nothing jumps out at me.

For now I have a line in the firewall rules (shorewall) that looks like
this:
REDIRECT loc 3128 tcp
www - !205.145.64.200

The site loads but this is obviously a band-aid.
Can anyone offer some tips?