Re: [squid-users] New user - few questions

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:13:00 +1300

 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/access_log
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat

> => Is it possible to limit the size of the logs from within the
> squid.conf file?

 No. You need to integrate log management tools like logrotate.d or cron
 jobs to control when log rotation occurs.

> And the last question, I have that "error" coming up from the
> cache.log
>
> IpIntercept.cc(137) NetfilterInterception: NF
> getsockopt(SO_ORIGINAL_DST) failed on FD 29: (92) Protocol not
> available
>
> And the browsing become really slow, even page aren't opening
> anymore? Any advice?

 Squid is unable to locate the client details in the kernel NAT table.
 NAT *must* be done on the Squid box.

 Also ensure that you have separate http_port lines for the different
 types of traffic arriving at your Squid.

 Amos