Re: [squid-users] compilation error

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:44:53 +1300

On 23/11/2011 11:14 p.m., Benjamin wrote:
> On 11/23/2011 03:13 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 23/11/2011 10:22 p.m., Benjamin wrote:
>>> Hi Amos,
>>>
>>> After compilation of squid, it is working fine means i m not having
>>> any issue.But while looking in config.log i can see much erros and
>>> warning so i wonder that these might be due to OS package problem or
>>> related with squid.
>>
>> No worries then.
>>

>>> Amos, what is idle value for L1 and L2 while configuring CACHE_DIR
>>> in squid.conf.we are using aufs .
>>
>> You mean defaults? http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_dir/*
>> *
>> Amos
>>
> Hi Sir,
>
> My question is that while we configure cache_dir in squid.conf that
> time syntax is :
>
> size in mb L1 L2
> cache_dir aufs /cache/1 76800 256 512
>

> How to decide L1 and L2 while configuring cache_dir option in squid.conf?

Even numbers only, whatever your OS plays best with. Most people like
powers of 2 for simplicity of understanding.

They are count of folders inside the UFS directory structure. L1 is
count of folders inside the top level directory, inside each L1 folder
is L2 amount of folders, inside L2 is individual files. With a maximum
of 2^27 files spread across the structure. Some systems work better with
fewer files per folder. Calculate L1/L2 as needed for your OS files per
directory capabilities.

Amos