[squid-users] trouble using include

From: yvan vander sanden <yvanym_at_sanctamaria-aarschot.be>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:33:56 +0100

Hi.

I have trouble using the include directive in /etc/squid3/squid.conf.
I am using the latest source, compiled yesterday. So it's version
3.1.16

I'm using it this way:

include /var/www/html/squid/filterlist.conf

Now I am quite sure that the file gets read, because if I put 'blabla'
on a line in filterlist.conf I get an error about it when I reload.
But a real command in there don't get added. I have acl's for groups
of computers like this:

acl CO114 192.168.114.0/24

now If i write the next command directly in squid.conf:

http_access deny CO114

all is ok. But when i put that in the includefile (located just below)
it won't work. (So the subnet still has web access).

Since the http_access i used to test and the include directive are
just below each other, it can't be because of another allow directive
someplace else. And it can't be because of access rights on the
included file because i do get a message if an unknown command is in
there.

So I'd like to get some help, if someone here knows more of using this
include directive. Or perhaps, is there an easy way to see what
happens? I've tried putting debug on an going through the logs, but
the information is massive that way and i don't really know where to
look.

Thanks,

yvan vander sanden

yvan vander sanden