Re: [squid-users] Commercial Squid tweak speeds things up significantly!

From: - Mikael - <funactivities_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 10:56:40 -0700

> That  sounds like heap LRU  policy,
>
> it is not fear to compare a squid out of the box with a solution that
> has a tunning  in parameters. Pesonally, i've develop an algorithm to
> save you 30% of bandwith with some tunnings based on statistical
> measures.  So it is easy,  you dont have to waste money.

From my experience high caching percentage and perceived speed gain to
end-users could be two completely separate things and are not
necessarily related. I'm curious what Amos thinks about the Untagle
implementation and if its possible to do miss bypass (or having
clients fetch the content) implemented with just config file tweaks.
If its just LRU policy than that would be great.