RE: [squid-users] Cache has stopped using memory?

From: Sean SPALDING <s.spalding_at_ecu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:34:37 +0800

> > I recently noticed one of my squid servers reverse its "normal" usage stats
> for:
> >
> > Request Memory Hit Ratios: 5min: 0.6%, 60min: 0.5%
> > Request Disk Hit Ratios: 5min: 41.7%, 60min: 48.3%
> >
> > "Normal" usage looks more like:
> >
> > Request Memory Hit Ratios: 5min: 48.9%, 60min: 48.9%
> > Request Disk Hit Ratios: 5min: 2.9%, 60min: 6.2%
> >

> > Is squid is now satisfying requests mainly from disk? Am I interpreting this
> correctly?
>
> It is hard to tell which if those "normal" stats is the unusual one.

I'm reasonably certain that the former example IS out of the ordinary.

There are four servers servicing the same application and the last 50 days of monitoring show usage similar to the "normal" usage for all 4 servers.

Now 1 server has switched.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Regards,

Sean.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B