[squid-users] Delay loading web pages when used as transparent proxy

From: Elvar <elvar_at_elvar.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:29:19 -0600

Hello,

I'm running Squid & Dansguardian in several environments and the
environment using transparent proxy mode is suffering from a severe
delay in loading a page. Once the page starts to load it is quick but
the initial load is severely delayed. When I switched from transparent
to NTLM auth, surprisingly the delay is completely gone. I'd think it
would be the other way around honestly. I'm not sure how to resolve this
but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Elvar