Re: [squid-users] Delay loading web pages when used as transparent proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:46:03 +1300

On 15/12/2011 3:29 p.m., Elvar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Squid & Dansguardian in several environments and the
> environment using transparent proxy mode is suffering from a severe
> delay in loading a page. Once the page starts to load it is quick but
> the initial load is severely delayed. When I switched from transparent
> to NTLM auth, surprisingly the delay is completely gone. I'd think it
> would be the other way around honestly. I'm not sure how to resolve
> this but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"transparent" is a confusing word. Particularly more so since you say
you changed from "transparent proxy" to one of the forms of "transparent
authentication".

To clarify what you were meaning:

Was your "transarent proxy" setup using?
  NAT intercept?
  TPROXY intercept?
  WPAD?
  Basic auth SSO?
  Digest auth SSO?
  Negotiate/Kerberos auth SSO?
  OAuth?
  or an external ACL helper doing out-of-band auth tests?

Amos