RE: [squid-users] Video streaming in some cases not working

From: Paul Freeman <paul.freeman_at_emlair.com.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 04:03:11 +0000

I am using SquidGuard with Squid 3.1.14 on Ubuntu and this type of message regarding two slashes is logged by it in the SquidGuard log so it is possible SquidGuard was still running in the testing you performed where you thought you had removed SquidGuard from the configuration.

The log entry is labelled as a warning and I see quite a lot of them in the SquidGuard log on my proxy server.

My guess is SquidGuard is not actually the cause(s) of the problem(s) you are observing if all it is doing is logging these warnings and not actually blocking access.

I visited the site and tried playing a few videos and they appeared to work (not sure what I was selecting though as I don't understand what I assume is Russian :-)). The video seemed slow to start though.

I did notice a number of warnings from Internet Explorer 8 regarding "Errors on page" while loading the page in the url you posted.

You may need to do some more in depth investigation (perhaps using tcpdump) to track the tcp and http exchanges between the browser and the web site to understand more about what is going on (or not going on).

Regards

Paul