Re: [squid-users] Fwd: Need help regarding an issue!

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 18:51:57 +1300

On 21/12/2011 6:30 p.m., Girish Dudhwal wrote:
> Hi
>
> Greetings Squid team. I am stuck on squid situation. actually while
> using gmail using as SSL version it's browsing data is too much for
> our server as we have limited bandwidth. we are using a squid 2.7
> stable version. so can you suggest me any way to force gmail to load
> basic HTML view so that browsing data could be reduced. Kindly reply
> ASAP. as this has become a serious matter for our network bandwidth.

Switching traffic from secured to non-secured is not the right solution
for this. And 2.7 is not capable of the ssl-bump feature for caching of
encrypted contents.

With your current Squid version you are best to use the operating system
QoS functionality on port 443 traffic speed and inform your users that
they should use http://gmail.com to get faster access. Squid can send
tcp_outgoing_tos values on gmail requests for QoS policy to work with.

Amos