[squid-users] Disk selection consideration

From: Benjamin <benjo11111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:55:55 +0530

Hi,

While we are planning for fast disk, h/w vendor tells that for SAS(15k)
they suggest raid controller.But as per squid , they do not suggest RAID
terminology.So suppose if we use disks as normal each single disk rather
than as single raid ( bunch of disk) with raid controller, is has any
performance impact?

What is best for disk ? each disk as single disk or need to go with raid
controller with as a raid ( bunch of disks) ?
Kindly suggest us, what is the better option while planing for h/w
selection.?

Thanks,
Benjamin