Re: [squid-users] Use parent proxy for some domains only

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:07:32 +0200

On 25/12/2011 12:20, S.R. wrote:
> I am trying to set up squid in proxy-only (no caching) mode, with
> direct access except for specified domains. For specified domains I
> want squid to forward the request to another proxy server. This second
> part is not working! Here are the relevant config lines:
>
> cache_peer secondproxy.com parent 3128 0 proxy-only no-query
> cache_peer_domain secondproxy.com specialdomain1.com specialdomain2.com
> cache deny all
> prefer_direct on
> always_direct allow all
>
> The proxy always ignores the cache_peer directive. I have Squid
> 2.6.STABLE21 on CentOS linux 2.6.18 kernel. Please help!
add some acl's like this:

acl proxy1 dstdomain secondproxy.com specialdomain1.com specialdomain2.com
always_direct deny proxy1
always_direct allow all
never_direct allow proxy1

just to clarify the direct directives means that the proxy itself will
do the query from the original host.
so we must make the squid server to not allow this and the second option
for "direct" is to use a parent proxy.

i'm using it for the same purpose so one proxy will cache dynamic
specific dynamic content with store_url_rewrite and the first will use
redirector using squidgaurd.

Regards
Eliezer