[squid-users] Configure error with enable-ecap

From: Matt Cochran <matt.cochran_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 20:31:39 -0800 (PST)

I've been trying to build squid 3.2.0.14 on CentOS with eCAP enabled. I've built and installed libecap, and verified that the libraries are installed, but I get this error when configuring squid:

<snip>
checking for EXT_LIBECAP... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libecap > 0.2 libecap < 0.3) were not met:

No package 'libecap' found
No package 'libecap' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EXT_LIBECAP_CFLAGS
and EXT_LIBECAP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
</snip>

I've actually put the libraries in both /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib, to no avail. I've also tried 3.2.0.12 and I get the same error. Any thoughts as to why I get this?

Thanks,

Matt