[squid-users] always_direct directive

From: Paolo Supino <paolo.supino_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:22:22 +0100

Hi

My Squid proxy (squid-2.6.STABLE21) is the first proxy part of
hirarchy that clients on the network hit. I have client on the LAN
that is having problems with one of the upstream proxies when
accessing a specific web server on the internet (I have no control of
the upstream proxy). I want to let that specific client bypass the
proxy hirarchy when accessing that specific web server.

I've tried to setup 2 acls: "acl src_client src 192.168.1.88" and "acl
dst_server dstdomain www.example.com" and then put both acls in the
same always_direct rule: "always_direct allow src_client dst_server",
but it didn't work (though it didn't complain about the
misconfiguration...). I was hoping that always_direct will work the
same way that http_access works and accept multiple acls.

How can I setup Squid to always_direct from a specific host to a
specific server?

Please don't suggest upgrading Squid because this is not possible at
the moment :-(

TIA
Paolo