Re: [squid-users] Active Directory Integrated Squid Proxy Guide

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:58:44 +1300

On 9/01/2012 11:37 p.m., James Robertson wrote:
>> Considered updating the official Squid wiki documentation about active
>> directory integration?
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/WindowsActiveDirectory
> Thanks for the feedback Amos - appreciate it. I'll make some updates.
>
> I would be very happy to update the official documentation. I have
> never used MoinMoin but will start having a look and how easy it is to
> migrate (I really like mediawiki and have become very familiar with
> it).
>
> Frankly I would be happy to have the documentation maintained purely
> on the squid wiki, but since I have some Debian customisation and
> mention of Cyfin Reporter would this fit with the squid wiki or would
> it need to be more "general"?

I was only thinking the central bit about Squid and AD auth integration
for the above linked page. Cyfin appears from your texts to be a fully
separate software installation. Not even integrating with the Squid log
modules.
Of course, a fully separate page can be created as a whole-system config
example. We have a few of those for various OS.

Amos