[squid-users] Squid as Network Monitor

From: Babelo Gmvsdm <hercule18_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:37:20 +0100

Hi,
I have built a machine with a Squid, with lightsquid, and i would like to use it just like a network monitor.
So I plugged the ETH1 of  the PC on a cisco switch on a port that received each traffic send to the internet.
the squid is started. (transparent mode)the ip forward is set to 1I have put this iptables rule: iptables -t nat - A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
but the access.log does not populate, whereas on Ntop, on the same machine, I see a lot of traffic (http)
Something weird is the command iptables -L -t nat -v , shows no match for the rule created.
First I think that ntop could intercept the traffic, but stopping it did not helped?
Thanks for your future help.
Herc.