[squid-users] finding the bottleneck

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:45:57 +0200

Hi,
We run a setup where our users are passing through 0-2 proxies before
reaching the Internet:
- https 0
- http transparent 1 (soon also 2)
- http authenticated 2

Lately we are experiencing some (extreme) slowness even-though the
load on the line is only about half the available bandwidth, we know
that on the ISP side our traffic is also passing through all kinds of
proxies/filters etc.
I would like to somehow be able to see where the slowdowns are
happening to rule out that it's not our side at fault, but I don't
really know what tool/tools I could use to see what is going on here.

We suspect that the slowness may be related to the ISP doing
Man-in-the-Middle on non-banking SSL traffic (as per request of
management), but I really want to rule our side out first....

Thanks,
Eli