Re: [squid-users] squid 3.1.x with IIS SharePoint as back-end.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:37:48 +1300

On 11/01/2012 6:28 p.m., kimi ge(巍俊葛) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue to make squid 3.1.x to work with IIS SharePoint as the
> back-end.
> The details are listed below.
>
> 1. squid 3.1.x is running as a reverse-proxy.
> 2. The back-end is IIS SharePoint Site with domain authentication required.
> That means only the valid domain user could access this SharePoint site.
> The issue is it always return 404 error page. And the logon window is
> not prompted.

What is this "domain authentication" you mention? All of the HTTP auth
mechanisms count as "domain auth" to a reverse proxy, and none of them
are named "Domain".

> My question is whether squid supports this kind of case or not?
> If supports, how should I do configuration on squid.conf file?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> ~Kimi

404 status is about the resource being requested _not existing_. Login
only operates when there is something to be authorized fetching. So I
think auth is not relevant at this point in your testing.

Probably the URL being passed to IIS is not what you are expecting to be
passed and IIS is not setup to handle it. You will need to share your
squid.conf details for more help.

Amos