Re: [squid-users] How many proxies to run?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 15:29:53 +0200

On 12/01/2012 19:58, Gerson Barreiros wrote:
> I have an unique server doing this job. My scenario is most the same
> as mentioned above.
>
> I just want to know if i can make this server a Virtual Machine, that
> will use shared hard disk / memory / cpu with another VMs.
web proxy on a vm is not the best choice in a mass load environment.
you can use on a vm but in most cases it will mean lower performances.

i have a place with 40Mbps atm line that is using 2 squid servers on a
vm and it works fine.
another one is an ISP with 4 machines with a total of 800Mbps output to
the clients.

statistics is one of the musts before getting a conclusion.

Eliezer