[squid-users] HTTP acceleration

From: Rajeev Bansal <connectrajeev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:50:30 +0530

Hi All,

 I need some information, actually I am tying to use squid on my
gateway computer, so that it can help me in HTTP/FTP traffic
acceleration. I am not looking for HTTP pipelining acceleration,as in
my scenario I will be downloading the huge amount of data over the
HTTP/FTP instead of simple webpage browsing. So I thought, to enhance
the Squid, in such a way that at WAN side, squid can open the multiple
TCP connections and download the requested data faster and can pass it
to the client who initiated the download request. Theoretically it
feels like opening multiple connections at the WAN side to web server,
should help in HTTP download acceleration, but I am not sure if
practically it will really help. If someone has, some idea please
throw some light on it.

Thanks,
Rajeev