Re: [squid-users] SSL Error 4:Attempted to connect using the (TLS V1.0 | SSL V3.0) protocol(s). The server rejected the connection

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 03:16:19 +1300

On 21/01/2012 12:25 a.m., Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> very often below error while accessing a Server. Sometimes, It is
> possible to access. but very rarely. Without squid, We can access that
> site via ADSL without any issue.
>

> Squid version is - Squid Cache: Version 2.6.STABLE6 on CentOS 5 - 32bit
>
> below is the error. Any clue to solve it?
>
> SSL Error 4:Attempted to connect using the (TLS V1.0 | SSL V3.0)
> protocol(s). The server rejected the connection

If you read the message it says the server is rejecting your proxies
required TLS and SSL version(s).

It may be supporting only a newer TSL version. Which is good, but means
your OpenSSL library and squid need to be updated to support them as well.

It may be requiring some older broken SSL version. Which is bad and only
the server admin can fix by updating their TLS/SSL systems.

PS. this likely won't solve your problem, but please consider upgrading.
Squid-2.6.STABLE6 was outdated more than 6 years ago.

Amos