Re: [squid-users] Cannot access an website, www.asus.com

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 19:09:39 +1300

On 21/01/2012 7:07 a.m., Jorge Bastos wrote:
> Howdy mates,
> I have a problem with an website, not that I really ASUS... in fact their

> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://www.asus.com/
>
> Read Error
>
> The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

Start with figuring out which server is failing. Your Squid access.log
entry for the request should contain the IP address of the server which
was contacted to fetch the response.

Read Error means the connection got setup at the TCP level but then no
data packets for that connection got through. Usually PMTU black hole
problems, Window Scaling problems, ECN problems. TCP and ICMP level
things like that breaking the packet management.

Amos