Re: [squid-users] save last access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 19:23:33 +1300

On 21/01/2012 5:06 a.m., Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
> Hello ! I need to know when my users surf last time, so I need to know
> if there is any way to have this information and save to an sql
> database.

The Squid log files are text data. So the answer is yes.

Please explain "user". Only real people? or any machine which connects
to Squid?

Please explain "surf last". Only when a user is loading the page? or
even when their machine is doing something automatically by itself?

Please explain under what conditions you are wantign the information
back. monthly report? weekly? daily? hourly? real-time?

Current Squid releases support logging daemons which can send log data
anywhere and translate it to any form. Squid-3.2 bundles with a DB
(database) daemon which is also available from SourceForge for squid-2.7

Older Squid need log file reader daemons. Like squidtaild, and logger2sql.

Amos