[squid-users] Re: authenticate_ip_shortcircuit_ttl

From: <botner_at_univention.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:31:54 -0800 (PST)

> > Does anybody know if its possible to setup something similar to
> > authenticate_ip_shortcircuit in squid 3?

> Thinking... yes it should be possible to implement
> authenticate_ip_shortcircuit as an external acl for most purposes,
> working similar to squid_session but remembering the user name.

Are there plans to port the "authenticate_ip_shortcircuit" feature to
squid3?
Is this http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#ntlm_ip_cache still
useful?
How would a equivalent configuration with external acl's look like?

I have experienced some stability issues with winbind in a samba domain
and a ntlm squid authentication. The "authenticate_ip_shortcircuit" feature
was a kind of workaround for that.