[squid-users] Reverse Proxy for OWA - issue with SSL and ActiveSync

From: Who Me <whome9988_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 14:00:27 -0800 (PST)

I am working on establishing a new install of Squid to reverse proxy OWA, ActiveSync and possibly RPC over HTTPS.  I have been successful in establishing the reverse proxy for OWA without an issue.  However I am having trouble with the ActiveSync functionality.  I believe the issue to be related to my SSL cert because: If I open my firewall and configure an android phone to use the OWA server (directly) it works. (I have tried 2 different android based phones on 2 different carriers) When I configure an android phone to go through the squid proxy, I receive the message "unable to open connection to server due to security error" and nothing is logged in access_log, cache_log or cache_store_log.  (Leading me to believe that something is amiss with the SSL cert.) I suspect that I have either mis-configured exporting my SSL cert from my Exchange 2010 server, mis-configured something when extracting the pem for use in squid or fat-fingered my squid config some how.  Yet - the thing that is making me crazy is that all of this works for OWA.  So if I did any of the above, why would OWA work and not Active Sync? My config is below: https_port ip.of.squid.box:443 accel cert=/etc/squid/certs/exchange.pem defaultsite=my.owa.fqdn cache_peer ip.of.owa.box parent 443 0 no-digest no-query originserver login=PASS ssl name=owaServer sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER And for completeness sake, I have not tested with an iPhone yet but hope to be able to do that soon. Does anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?  I'm at a loss...