Re: [squid-users] "unset" or "remove" cookies on static content from the backend server

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:48:21 +1300

On 27/01/2012 2:32 p.m., Ralph Lawrence wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I remove all cookies on static content returned from the backend server?
>
> This question has been asked before, but I wanted to make sure Squid
> Reverse Proxy was not capable of doing this before I tried Varnish.
> Since I've put a lot of time into Squid at this point.
>
> Ref... http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg73428.html
>
> Also... http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg76334.html
>
> With Varnish, there's the "unset req.http.Cookie" command that can be
> conditionally executed on regex matched URLs.

Squid can erase them in builk or replace the lot with a fixed value.
What it cannot do those posters were tryign to do was get Squid to
interpret them and selectively remove/adjust individual cookies.

To drop the whole header its simply:
   request_header_access Cookie deny all
   reply_header_access Set-Cookie deny all

We also added Set-Cookie2 and Cookie2 to the known headers that can be
erased in 3.1.10 and later.

Amos