[squid-users] "unset" or "remove" cookies on static content from the backend server

From: Ralph Lawrence <ralphlaw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:32:10 -0500

Hi,

How do I remove all cookies on static content returned from the backend server?

This question has been asked before, but I wanted to make sure Squid
Reverse Proxy was not capable of doing this before I tried Varnish.
Since I've put a lot of time into Squid at this point.

Ref... http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg73428.html

Also... http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg76334.html

With Varnish, there's the "unset req.http.Cookie" command that can be
conditionally executed on regex matched URLs.

Ideally I word remove all the cookies in the web application, and/or
move all the application images to a cookieless domain, but I don't
have that level of control over the application. I do know that
removing the cookies on images, css, and js would not affect the
application's behavior.

Best regards,
Ralph