[squid-users] Internet Explorer caching problem

From: Andy Nagai <anagai_at_wernerpublishing.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:22:29 -0800

We have the response header set to turn off cache for certain pages.

Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store
Expires: -1
Pragma: no-cache

This seems to work fine in all browsers except IE 8.

Certain pages will be retreived from cache when going back to it a second
time when it should be refreshing. Then when going to page a third time it
refreshes. These are dynamic pages. So If I do a back arrow to page will
show the cached version. Then if I do a reload it will refresh. I have
browser set to get new page each time.

I know this is a reverse proxy issue because when I view same page in
sub-domain that does not have squid active there is no caching problem.

I don't see this odd behavior in Firefox or chrome. They always hit the
server for new pages each time no matter if I hit the back arrow or not.

Andy