[squid-users] Specs for Linux machine

From: cielo rosso <cielorosso_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:26:23 -0800

Hi,

I have read the information at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/BestOsForSquid%c2%a0and I'm wondering what's
the average number of hard drives and the amount of physical memory
that people have in their setup.

We'll use Squid as a reverse proxy to fence off DDoS against our
website. We have a few Linux machines which have 16G of memory and one
hard drive. Of course the more memory I can get and the more hard
drives the better, but I'm wondering what's people's experience with
their setup.

Also, somebody suggested to me to use SATA rather then SCSI. Any
thoughts about that?

Thanks!