Re: [squid-users] Cannot redirect to a new page

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 01:43:17 +1300

On 7/02/2012 12:17 a.m., Chaitanya Shastri wrote:
> [...]

NP: please upgrade. 2.6 has been obsolete for many years now.

> fine except that we cannot redirect to a new page that contains a URL of
> the form:* www.abc.com/redirect?url=....*
> The following error occurs while accessing such page:
> *
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.abc.com/redirect?
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Access Denied.
>
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed
> at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
> incorrect.
>
> Your cache administrator is webmaster_at_xyz.com*
>

> I don't understand if this is a redirector issue or something else. Any URL
> that contains a "?" cannot be accessed and the same error occurs every time.
> Could anybody tell me where am I doing wrong?
> Thanks.

"Access Denied" is a very big clue. It is the message produced when an
http_access, http2_access or http_reply_access deny rule happens.

ABC Television most likely do not provide a relay service. The contact
person at webmaster_at_xyz.com appears to be a domain squatter, so good
luck getting that olicy changed.

Hint: There are very good reasons people use "example.com" instead of
random names when trying to hide critical details. Please look those
reasons up.

Amos