[squid-users] Help blocking connections at a certain time

From: Stephen McGuinness <webmcgu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:45:02 -0500

I am trying to force the users behind my proxy to be forced into a
human interaction ACL at a certain time every night. I have it working
pretty well, but there is still traffic that is not getting blocked.

From what I can figure out so far, if connections are active before
the time ACL kicks in, they are not forced to the ACL that requires
human inter-action, but not for all content. It seems that traffic
making it through has a mime type of application/javascript or
application/json, or no specified mime-type at all.

Does anyone know how to reset all the connections without having to
restart the service, or something else more drastic like messing with
the system firewall?

As some more information, we use auth-digest, some very large ACLs,
and the external human-interaction based on time of day.

Thanks-

Steve