Re: [squid-users] poor mans load balancing

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 23:04:54 +0000

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 17:37 +0100, Carsten Ralle wrote:
> Is there a configuration (preferably without ICP) to transparently use
> all three lines in parallel for a connection (e.g. HTTP/FTP-download or
> data streaming) ?

How about multipath TCP? Assuming that you control both ends of your WAN
links, which I think you do from the diagram.

I've never tried it myself, but I saw a talk about it at FOSDEM, and it
looked promising.

It's not in the stable kernel yet, but the guys are keen for people to
try it out.

http://nrg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mptcp/

Andy