Re: [squid-users] poor mans load balancing

From: Carsten Ralle <cr_at_i4yoo.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 00:41:25 +0100

>> Is there a configuration (preferably without ICP) to transparently use
>> all three lines in parallel for a connection (e.g. HTTP/FTP-download or
>> data streaming) ?
>
> How about multipath TCP? Assuming that you control both ends of your WAN
> links, which I think you do from the diagram.
> It's not in the stable kernel yet, but the guys are keen for people to
> try it out.
> http://nrg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mptcp/

thank's Andy, that's exactly what I was looking for, on a different
level of the network stack, though.

I'll check out the links on the UCL site, but as far as I can see its
all beta (and our servers run productively) ...

Anybody any other ideas using squid ?

Carsten

Yoo GmbH                       Tel.: 037328 809 40
Zellwaldring 51                Fax : 037328 809 96
D-09603 Grossvoigtsberg
Germany                             www.yoogmbh.de
Registereintrag: Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 181 852
Geschäftsführung: Carsten Ralle