Re: [squid-users] How to make squid cache particular web request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 02:02:47 +1300

On 9/02/2012 6:13 p.m., parashuram wrote:
> On 2/8/2012 1:23 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 8/02/2012 7:14 p.m., parashuram wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I use squid mainly as caching proxy. I am running one server on
>>> target board, when I make request to my server with
>>> http://[ipv6-address]:8080, I always get TCP_MISS/200 in access.log
>>> file, instead when I make subsequent request to
>>> http://[ipv6-address]:8080 it should be served from cache and
>>> access.log should log as TCP_HIT or TCP_MEM_HIT.
>>>

>> What makes you think it should cache or that the request should be a
>> HIT?
> The request I am giving is HTTP and moreover Its Static page which I
> am requesting through squid, as per my knowledge squid should cache
> static page( correct me if I am wrong). in my case it is not happening
> so.

yes Squid should. *IF* there are sufficient cacheing controls and
timestamp information for it.

>> What headers is that server producing?
> I will give u both request header and response header.
> *Request header* is as follows
> Request line GET /storage HTTP/1.1
> User-agent Mozilla/5.0
> Accept text/html. application/xml
> Accept-language en-us,en, q=0.5
> Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate
> connection keep-alive
> Referer http://[...]:8080/.well-known/core

Okay, good. Nothing there to prevent the cache being used.

> *Response header*
> Status-line :HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Content-Type :text/html

This is invalid HTTP/1.1 response, missing a few details. HTTP requires
a Date header. Squid requires that to determine age and cache timing
details for the response.

Amos