[squid-users] Connectivity Choke With Squid 3.1

From: Edmonds Namasenda <namasenda_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 18:04:32 +0300

Hello Group,

I am using Squid 3.1 in transparent mode with basic settings enforced
by a redirect rule in Shoreline Firewall.
I have two LANs; 172.x.x.x for LAN servers not controlled by the
proxy, and 10.x.x.x for LAN users. The squid server has 2 NICs to
create the users LAN & routing.

My main problem is, the squid server seems to be choking or limiting
connection to reach the cap allocated. We have 20MBs up and down but
we only reach 5MBs. Replacing the proxy with routers raises up the cap
to expectation.

How can I improve this connectivity issue? I really do not want to rid
of my OpenSuSe 11.4 box running my apps and squid.

# Edmonds