[squid-users] Squid/NTLM and site timeouts

From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthier_at_lastar.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:30:47 +0000

All,

   I have a Squid and NTLM implementation. I've had one for years, and always have been pretty pleased with it. There has always been one quirk, and I've decided to ask about it in case there is a known solution.

Typically, NTLM requires a back and forth of authentication. Whenever a site is very slow to respond, or down and times out, my browsers display an authentication prompt to the end user. I noticed this happens sometimes, even, after the full page is loaded, and an advertisement or some other element takes a long time to load.

Is there a way to suppress this prompt, or change a timeout somewhere?

I hope I've explained the scenario well enough. I've been using squid 3.1.16, but until about December of 2011 I have been using 2.6/2.7 for the previous 5 years.

Thanks,

Jason