[squid-users] Squid Cache Directory - Webmin

From: berry guru <berryguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:50:27 -0800

I installed Webmin to configure Squid3 and was wondering how do I go
about initializing the squid cache directory.

Under the Squid Proxy Server it states "Your Squid cache directory
/var/spool/squid3 has not been initialized. This must be done before
Squid can be run." I entered both a username I typically use and
root, but they both return the error "Cannot write to directory
/etc/squid3"

I'm thinking this is an issue with permissions to that directory. I'm
not exactly sure on how to edit those permissions. Am I correct in
that assumption?