Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Cache Directory - Webmin

From: Sebastian Muniz <basurerosebita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:58:37 -0300

On 2/15/2012 3:07 PM, berry guru wrote:
> I thought I had it, I found something in Chp5 of the Squid Definitive
> book talking about initializing cache directories. I ran the squid -z
> command and got back the following details after is took:
>
> aclParseAccessLine: squid.conf line 846: http_access permit all
> aclParseAccessLine: expecting 'allow' or 'deny', got 'permit'.
> Create Swap Directories

Hello Berry,
If you have manually modified the squid.conf file I would suggest to
reset to defaults and start again.
My experience with webmin is that you use it OR (exclusive OR) you do it
manually. Manually modifying conf files tends to confuse webmin.
In this case the error is correct, you are missing allow or deny in the line
Check http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_access/

Regards.
Sebastian