Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Cache Directory - Webmin

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:53:53 +1300

On 16.02.2012 11:31, berry guru wrote:
> If I were to run chmod ugo+rwx *file* where file would be cache.log
> am
> I going to break something. Is this the appropriate approach?

It is incomplete. When the log gets rotated things die again.

The Squid details are in a folder called .../squid3/ so that you can
assign that folder the appropriate read/write and owner/group
permissions and leave its parent /var/log with root-only or similar
access.

PS. I should have said re-run -k parse when you think you have resolved
the issues. Sometimes a major problem causes early abortand later
problems remain hidden.

Amos