Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Cache Directory - Webmin

From: berry guru <berryguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:54:39 -0800

Do logs get rotated because they reach a certain size or threshold? I
found something that is kind of confusing me, the owner of cache.log
is the user 'proxy' which I never created, so this must be a default
user from squid.

I ran ls -l /var/log/squid3/cache.log and found that -rw-r----- 1
proxy proxy 38762 2012-02-15 14:03 /var/log/squid3/cache.log

So it looks like the permissions need to be assigned to the user
proxy, but I don't have that info. I'm pretty sure this will fix the
Webmin info, but my I'm wondering how users are giving permissions to
Webmin for the cache.log directory.