[squid-users] Squid as lb: can handle 503 answer from application server as faliure and retry next peer?

From: Albert Petit <albert.petit_at_genaker.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 00:51:43 +0100

Hi,

We use squid as LB for HTTP Traffic (by defining cache-peers), It
works quite well when we have a connectivity failure between squid
and one of the application servers so then it will try next possible cache-peer

 However we would like to handle following scenario:

If our application is not deployed on application server (glassfish)
but the application server is started we receive 503 Service
unavailable answer from Application server to squid. On that case we
would like our squid to try next possible peer.

  So, how can we achieve to switch to next possible peer if receive a
503 answer?

Thanks,

PS:

Our cache-peer are defined with round-robin like:

cache_peer <AS_IP> parent <AS_PORT> 0 no-query originserver name=asAccel1
round-robin
cache_peer <AS_IP2> parent <AS_PORT2> 0 no-query originserver name=asAccel2
round-robin