Re: [squid-users] finding the bottleneck

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 01:11:51 +0200

2012/2/16 Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio_at_gmail.com>:
> Comments, behind...
>
> Le 12 janvier 2012 06:53, E.S. Rosenberg <esr_at_g.jct.ac.il> a écrit :

> So , your ISP does extra filtering? (just to state clear)
Yes.

> Have you identify what kind of traffic is slow and what it is not?
> This is very important.
Most of the traffic is regular http.

> This statement is almost impossible, if they were all your HTTPS
> conexion will comply about certificate issues. Is that happens?
It does, the stations that we control have the ISPs CA installed so
they actually don't get warned but wireless clients do.

For now we turned of the https filtering and it seems that at least
some of the slowness complaints may have been due to unrelated
infrastructure problems.
But I still would like to know where I can look, we have cacti
graphing our throughput so I have an idea of the load on the line
itself, we have cachemgr installed on all the proxies but I'm afraid I
am not so good at reading & understanding all of it's output.

Regards and thanks,
Eli