Re: [squid-users] Squid ICAP Problem

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 11:28:06 -0200

gVeR SoNiC wrote:
> Hello everbody.
>
> I'm using Squid3 (squid/3.1.14) on Ubuntu 11.10.
> I'm using it with my own-made ICAP server which is RFC 3507 compliant.
>

> The problem is: When chunked transfer encoding occurs (encapsulated
> http message has a body), sometimes it fails with my send function
> giving errno 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable).

Squid closed the connection.
turn on debugging in squid.conf for ICAP:
# ICAP is section 93
# ChunkedCodingParser is section 94
debug_options ALL,1 93,9 94,9

> This happens when
> I try to upload relatively big files (around 500 KB), when I tried
> smaller ones, there wasn't any problem.

do you use the 'allow 204' feature?
Squid has a magic limit of 65534 bytes: below it, it supports the 204 codes
but above not because Squid only supports buffering 64K.
If you use this feature, the ICAP server must look for 'Allow: 204'
for each individual REQMOD/RESPMOD message.