Re: [squid-users] session helper issue

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:39:49 +0000

[...]

> Here is my config for session helper:
>

> # Set up the session helper in active mode. Mind the wrap - this is one line:
> external_acl_type session concurrency=3D100 ttl=3D3 %SRC
> /usr/lib/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 10800 =A0-b
> /usr/lib/squid/session.db

I think this may be the problem. You are logging the sessions to the
file session.db here (which will use the old session code without
synchronisation between threads)...

> # Pass the LOGIN command to the session helper with this ACL
> acl session_login external session LOGIN
>
> # Set up the normal session helper. Mind the wrap - this is one line:
> external_acl_type session_active_def concurrency=3D100 ttl=3D3 %SRC
> /usr/lib/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 10800 =A0-b
> /usr/lib/squid/sessions/

...But you use the directory /sessions/ here.

Try changing the first one to /usr/lib/squid/sessions/

Granted this is as per the example, which is probably also wrong. Give
it a go, and if it works, I'll correct the example on the wiki.

Andy