Re: [squid-users] session helper issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:51:58 +1300

On 27.02.2012 10:13, Vyacheslav Maliev wrote:
> 2012/2/26 Andrew Beverley:

>>> have
>>> 3.0
>>> ext_session_acl). So
>>> go to

>>> means
>>> patch
>>
>> [ Top posting fixed ]
>>
>>> I have tried to build squid 3.2 with patch already in separate dir
>>> and
>>> copied ext_session_acl in my squid 3.1 installation for using it
>>> instead squid_session. Results were the same as with old
>>> configuration. Nothing changed.
>>
>> Please post all the configuration directives for the session helper
>> that
>> you are currently using.
>>
>> Andy
>>

> Here is my config for session helper:
>

> # Set up the session helper in active mode. Mind the wrap - this is
> one line:
> external_acl_type session concurrency=3D100 ttl=3D3 %SRC
> /usr/lib/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 10800 =A0-b
> /usr/lib/squid/session.db

You appear to have binary codes "=A0" (carriage return, end-of-line) in
your config file.
Like the documentation said "Mind the wrap - this is one line".

I hope those "=3D" codes are a product of your emailer rather than what
is actually in you config file.
the config is supposed to have "concurrency=100" and "ttl=3".

> # Pass the LOGIN command to the session helper with this ACL
> acl session_login external session LOGIN
>
> # Set up the normal session helper. Mind the wrap - this is one line:
> external_acl_type session_active_def concurrency=3D100 ttl=3D3 %SRC
> /usr/lib/squid/ext_session_acl -a -T 10800 =A0-b
> /usr/lib/squid/sessions/

Same again with the line wrapping.

> # Normal session ACL as per simple example
> acl session_is_active external session_active_def
>
> # ACL to match URL
> acl clicked_login_url url_regex -i http://www.squid-cache.org/

Preferrably test with the actual URL or pattern you are wanting the
final production Squid to work with. If you are intending to setup a
paywall in front of squid-cache.org, be aware that is a violation of the
sites Creative Commons copyright.

> # First check for the login URL. If present, login session
> http_access allow clicked_login_url session_login
>
> # If we get here, URL not present, so renew session or deny request.
> http_access deny !session_is_active
>
> # Deny page to display
> deny_info http://192.168.6.1/splash.html session_is_active

Amos