Re: [squid-users] external acl code examples

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:00:30 +0200

On 27/02/2012 19:35, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> 2012/2/27 Eliezer Croitoru<eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>:
>> On 27/02/2012 14:49, E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I would like to create a small external acl program for use in our
>>> organization and I was wondering are there any code examples of
>>> existing external acls in the public domain?
>>> I have tried searching a bit but other than the spec I haven't really
>>> found a lot.
>>>
>>> The most promising bit I found so far is this example from the squid
>>> 2.5 days, is it still valid?:
>>>
>>> http://etutorials.org/Server+Administration/Squid.+The+definitive+guide/Chapter+12.+Authentication+Helpers/12.5+External+ACLs/
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Eli
>>
>> it is still vaild as long as i know.
>> the vaild are in the wiki at squid documentation:
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/
>>
>> a more advanced configuration is being documented at:
>> http://www.visolve.com/system_services/opensource/squid/squid30/externalsupport-3.php#external_acl_type
>>
>> it looks better then on the squid documentation (my opinion) but on
>> etutorials they have more samples.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Eliezer
>
> I meant more in the trend of the perl script of the page I link to, I
> wanted to get a feel of what the script/program has to behave like.
> But I think the perl script actually given enough of an idea, I'm
> going to see if I can create something like that, I don't know yet
> what language though, speed will be important...

what is the purpose of the script?
if you can give me more details i can try to help you with it.

i was using some ruby scripts for url rewriting and it worked quite fast.
and the program is quite simple:
Read info from input method(aka user input\keyboard)
split the input
check each part of the input to match credentials
and by the result of the match send to the user(aka terminal\squid) OK
or ERR in a case of good or bad match.

it took me awhile to understand the url rewriting way of work but both
of them are has the same idea.

if you do want to see other stuff you can look at the "basic_db_auth"
script supplied with squid.
it meant for mysql authentication so it will take input from the
user(terminal\squid) and will return OK or ERR.
quiet simple

Regards,
Eliezer