Re: [squid-users] How to set different maxconn number of proxy_auth user from default maxconn?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 16:48:17 +1300

On 05.03.2012 14:16, Jiang Wen Dong wrote:
> My English is not good, hope you can understand what I'm saying.
>
> I want to set default maxconn=50, and maxconn=100 for proxy_auth
> user.
>
> If I set default maxconn before proxy_auth, then proxy_auth user get
> maxconn=50, not maxconn=100.
>
> If I set default maxconn after proxy_auth, every user get a auth
> dialog window, which I do not want it show for !proxy_auth user.
>
> How to set different maxconn number of proxy_auth user from default
> maxconn?

You are thinking about this backwards. Place the widest "everybody"
limitations first. Then the highest privileged allow permissions. Then
repeat as you gradually restrict things.

Like this:

  acl login proxy_auth REQUIRED
  acl 100cc maxconn 100
  acl 50cc maxconn 50

# nobody allowed more than 100 connections
  http_access deny 100cc

# login users the only ones allowed more than 50
  http_access allow login
  http_access deny 50cc

# then other LAN clients...
  http_access allow localnet

# everything not permitted yet is not trusted for any access.
  http_access deny all

Amos