Re: [squid-users] Probably solved: Problem with swf streams from www.tv4play.se behind squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:11:30 +1300

On 10/03/2012 5:55 a.m., Peter Olsson wrote:
> I set forwarded_for off in squid.conf, and this seems to
> solve the problem. I haven't tried in our production squids
> yet, but a lab squid is working now.

Perhapse this will help their technicians detect the problem. If
changing that header fixed it for you then the issue is clearly
something at their end in its processing.

I've been noticing this on a few sites now. For my clients it seems to
be web systems which break on IPv6 addresses in the HTTP headers.
X-Forwarded-For included. SquirrelMail seems to be the common culprit
with its send button handler being broken.

So, are your clients contacting Squid from IPv6 addresses?

Amos