Re: [squid-users] Probably solved: Problem with swf streams from www.tv4play.se behind squid

From: Peter Olsson <pol_at_leissner.se>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 00:22:54 +0100

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 04:11:30PM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 5:55 a.m., Peter Olsson wrote:
> > I set forwarded_for off in squid.conf, and this seems to
> > solve the problem. I haven't tried in our production squids
> > yet, but a lab squid is working now.
>
> Perhapse this will help their technicians detect the problem. If
> changing that header fixed it for you then the issue is clearly
> something at their end in its processing.
>
> I've been noticing this on a few sites now. For my clients it seems to
> be web systems which break on IPv6 addresses in the HTTP headers.
> X-Forwarded-For included. SquirrelMail seems to be the common culprit
> with its send button handler being broken.
>
> So, are your clients contacting Squid from IPv6 addresses?

No, just IPv4 behind the Squid servers. We run IPv6 on the
outside of Squid, but I don't know if www.tv4play.se uses
any IPv6 in their services.

I discovered today that the production squids (3.1.16) require
forwarded_for delete. The lab squid (3.2 latest as of yesterday)
worked with forwarded_for off, but not the 3.1.16 version.
Strange that it should differ, or is there some way that Squid
3.1 and 3.2 handles this header differently?

--
Peter Olsson                    pol_at_leissner.se